[Faith-talk] I'm a newby

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue May 11 19:44:23 UTC 2010

Hi Ashley,

Welcome back.

I don't use my cane during services, as they prefer to guide me in
and out of the choir loft and up to the podium to sing solos.

We remain seated for communion.

There are three blind women in the church. We all have note takers,
so we carry our Bibles and hymnals with us and look things up as we
need them. We sing only hymns and gospel songs, and they are well-loved here.

I don't know if there would be any jobs available in your field, but
you might want to look. Not intending to find a job makes it sound
like you want the government to give you a monthly handout, and I
don't think that's what you want to do. It might happen because you
can't find employment, but do your part and look, at least. And, of
course, pray. Smile.

Blessings,

Linda