[Faith-talk] volunteer service to the disadvantaged

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Wed May 12 19:28:08 UTC 2010

When I sorted it was more of a preliminary sort than actually sorting
things by item. They just needed us to separate the cans from the
bottles and jars. From there someone else sorted them by item. A lot
of the larger food pantries do things like an assembly line. If you
can find a point in the line where you don't need eyesight you are
good to go.

I never did serve food at the homeless shelter. I didn't feel
comfortable enough that I wouldn't miss their plate or something. I
stuck to washing dishes and cleaning but I always had something to do.

-Greg