[Faith-talk] volunteer service to the disadvantaged

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed May 12 18:32:41 UTC 2010

Greg,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
When you did the sorting, did you do it tactually?
I guess you didn't have to have anyone read the labels on the cans and
bottles.  Was everything in boxes and you sorted it out and placed on the
right shelves?  What did the food pantry involve?  Yes I agree being a
regular volunteer will enable me to
be familiar with the way things are done and where items are kept.  If I did
something it would be on a regular basis.  How did you handle the
homeless shelter?  Did you memorize where things were?  If you served food,
how did you know when they came up to get food?  I suppose if everyone spoke
to you and said something like "here's my plate.  I'd like chicken and
potatoes."  or something like that it would work fine since you'd be behind
the counter and serve the appropriate things.
If you didn't serve food, what other tasks did you do?

Glad it worked out.
Ashley