[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Sunday Morning Sunrise 5-16-2010

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun May 16 14:40:14 UTC 2010

Original Message:
From: "Gino" <iamblessed316 at yahoo.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Sunday Morning Sunrise 5-16-2010
Date:
Sun, 16 May 2010 11:27:12 -0000

Jesus, I love You, I bow down before You and give You the Praise and
worship you, for you are our Savior.

Alleluia, alleluia, Alleluia, alleluia

Most Precious Lord Jesus, Gentle And Wonderful God, Truly Awesome And
Ever-present Holy Spirit, Let every moment of our day be a moment of
worship. Let my every thought during the day be a thought about worshipping
you in spirit and in truth. Let my every action during the day be an action
of worshipping in your love. Let my every word be spoken as we are in
worship of you. All these things I humbly pray in the name of my most
Blessed Lord Jesus Christ, my Mighty God, and my Ever-present Holy Spirit
upon whom I can rely. Amen

Special Song: He touched Me
VERSE 1
Shackled by a heavy burden
'Neath a load of guilt and shame
Then the hand of Jesus touched me
And now I am no longer the same

CHORUS
He touched me
Oh, He touched me
And oh the joy that floods my soul
Something happened
And now I k
He touched me
And made me whole

VERSE 2
Since I met this blessed Savior
Since He cleansed and made me whole
I will never cease to praise Him
I'll shout it while eternity rolls

REPEAT CHORUS
He touched me
Oh, He touched me
And oh the joy that floods my soul
Something happened
And now I k
He touched me
And made me whole

TAG
Something happened
And now I k
He touched me
And made me whole

O Precious Savior, Wonderful Lord, In-filling Holy Spirit
Thank you Lord Jesus for the joy that wells up within me.
Thank you for the overflowing fountain of your living water that
flows into my soul.
In spite of many trials and tribulations, your spirit of love and
your Holy Touch are alive in my heart.
In spite of moments when loneliness might consume me, your Holy
Spirit brings joy in the middle of the gloom.
In spite of sadness that assails my heart, your Holy Spirit turns the
sadness into a joy that brings tears to my eyes.
In moments of pain and suffering, your touch upon my heart pushes
away the pain because of the joy of your being.
When I am troubled, your Holy Spirit brings joy that erases my
troubles.
When I am distraught, your Holy Spirit brings a peace because of the
joy that pushes aside all distress.
When I am fearful, your Holy Spirit fills my heart with joya joy that
brings encouragement and power over every obstacle.
When I am low in spirit, your words and messages fill my starving
heart with the joy of your manna from heaven.
In the name of the Precious Savior, Wonderful Lord God, and the In-
filling Holy Spirit upon whom we can rely.
Amen

Special Song: Take Me to the Cross

She's daddy's little girl
Only three years old
All dressed up in her Sunday clothes
He held her hand on bended knee
He said
I need to show you how to find your way home

As they walked along
How sweet the sound
Church bells ringin'
People gathered 'round
Remember this church
And the cross way up there
Sweetheart, if you ever get lost say

Take me to the cross
High upon a steeple
The one where Jesus died for all the lost people
If you can't find home
Know you're not alone
Take me to the cross

As the years went by
Daddy's little girl
Lost herself out in a big, big world
And the day her daddy died
She said I need to know why

Take me to the cross
High upon a steeple
The one where Jesus died for hurting people
If you can't find home
Know you're not alone
Take me to the cross

Now that same little girl
Thirty years gone by
She still knows here daddy's by her side
She raises her little boy
In her father's way
And she smiles
When she hears her son say
Hey, mom

Take me to the cross
High upon a steeple
The one where Jesus died for all the lost people
If you can't find home
Know you're not alone

Take me to the cross
High upon a steeple
The one where Jesus died for all the lost people
If you can't find home
Know you're not alone
Take me to the cross
Mama, take me to the cross
Take me to the cross

Message: Transformed in Your Mind

Scripture: Romans 12:1-3

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present
your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your
reasonable service.

 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the
renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable,
and perfect, will of God.

 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among
you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to
think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of
faith.

Did you know that you life will move in the direction of your most
dominant thoughts? If you're constantly down on yourself thinking you'll
never get ahead, then you won't. But if you'll choose to believe that you
are an overcomer, that you have victory up ahead, that God has good things
in store for your future; then that's what you'll end up with.

That's why it's so important to make sure our thoughts are the same as
God's thoughts. Just like a computer, whatever you allow into your mind is
what will come out in your attitude and actions. The more you meditate on
God's Word, the more you will transform your thinking to be like God's
thinking.

Choose today to focus on the Word of God and allow your mind to be
renewed. As you focus on God's thoughts, you will see your actions become
more like Him and you will see His hand of blessing in every area of your
life.

Heavenly Father, I submit to you all that I am. I ask that you renew my
mind by the Word of God so that my thoughts are Your thoughts. Transform me
into Your image. In Jesus' Name. Amen