[Faith-talk] Prayer for My Dad

Joanne Jordan jordanj229 at verizon.net
Mon May 17 00:45:13 UTC 2010

Hello Linda
This is Joanne Jordan here.  I will pray for your dad.
Can you talk about salvation with him?
My brother and I talked about it with my father. We did not think he was
listening to us.
I am not going to National this year because my father died on Good Friday.
My mother and dad were in a motel 6 in Phoenix Arizona on their way home.
The morning they were going to fly to Manchester New Hampshire, Mom woke up
at 5:00 A.M. Arizona time.  She took a sponge bath and looked in on Dad who
looked at her while she was telling him to get up that they had to get ready
to go to the airport.  My father looked at her like he was half asleep. My
mother got dressed and came out a few minutes later and she could not wake
him. She had a feeling that he was dead. His body was still very warm. They
called the fire department and they worked on him and came and took him to
the hospital where they pronounced him.
My brother and I know he was saved. The Lord loved him. He died very
peacefully. He had chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder and was a smoker
and could not quit. Harry and I think he was crying out to the Lord for help
although he never would admit this.
I am praying to the Lord that I can tell my mother that if she asks Jesus in
to her heart to be her personal  Lord and savior because she is a sinner and
needs Jesus in to her heart and that she loves him forever. That is all she
would need. Sin is a curse that came upon mankind when Adam disobeyed the
Lord God.
I want to tell Mom when there is other Christians around because I don't
think I can do it alone.
I think Mom being with Dad when he died will help.
Joanne Jordan