[Faith-talk] Optasia Ministry, for those who are new to the list

Penny Golden goldpen at frontiernet.net
Tue May 25 23:13:03 UTC 2010

Hi, Peter,
The Optasia books are given to a blind applicant on two cd-roms, I think.
Maybe they're DVD now, for I forget.  All the books are in some kind
of readable text.  You can hear them on your computer; or you might
put them onto a Victor Stream, which is a little book player that
many people own these days.
The King James Version, my own favorite, is there; but there are
others.  Another one that I like is the Amplified Bible.
I haven't checked out the Roman Catholic translations.  Besides the
Bible, there are wonderful books.  Some of them are designed to help
pastors or church workers.  Some are books of Christian apologetics
that answer problems that non-believers ask.
Some are books of devotional reading designed to help one in his or
her Christian walk.And I don't remember whether I had to make a
special application.  For I have had these for a long time, and I
forget what it was like before them.
The only real skill that you would need to use the Optasia books is
getting into folders on the disk.  Or copying titles from those
folders to another device, if you did not want to read at your computer.
I'm sure that others will help you even more than I can.
And Tom himself is very helpful.  One time I asked him why he didn't
try to put a certain author on his cd-roms.  And he told me:  the
author you want is there;  I have three books by him. And then Tom
told me what folder to check in.
Blessings,
Penny