[Faith-talk] Free German audio bible: bitflow.dyndns.org - /german/MartinLuther-NT-1956-AT-1964/

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Tue Oct 5 03:50:39 UTC 2010

I am back on this list after several years of absence. Friends on
here alerted me to the query about a German audio bible:

The page below has the Luther 1956/64 for free download in several
audio formats:

http://bitflow.dyndns.org/german/MartinLuther-NT-1956-AT-1964/

Scroll down the page to find the zip archives for easier downloading.

german does not have as many different bible translations available
as English does and even fewer in audio format. I am not aware of any
German organization for the blind providing a free bible in
accessible format. We need to pay for them.

the above is a free resource for everyone.

The Luther 1956/64 is similar in reading and language level to the
RSV you guys are familiar with.

My preferred German Bible translation for both readability and
accuracy is the Catholic "einheitsuebersetzung" but I am not aware of
this being available  as a free resource for the blind.

hth

Doris