[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] What does it mean to walk in God's will by Rev. Joe Diaz

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:42:28 UTC 2011

Very important stuff here!

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "??  -  Rev. Joe Diaz  :) [His Love Extended Ministries
International]  ??" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] What does it mean to walk in God's will by
Rev. Joe Diaz
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:38:14 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

What does it mean to walk in God's will?

By Rev. Joe Diaz

4/6/2011

So often I hear I read or hear some people say that it is difficult to
"Walk
in God's will." Yet they seemingly do "their own thing."

In 1986, I  had occasion to meet a woman when I was involved in Prison
Minstry who I asked to go for dinner with me sometime. She told me that
she
would not because I am not God's will for her life and she was holding
out
for that.

So I asked this lady how she knew that someone was not the man God sent
her
since she obviously had not prayed about this. She then told me I am not
God
s will for her life because I cry when I pray and come under the
anointing
of the Holy Spirit. She did not want a crybaby for a husband.

Prior to that while I was in College in Chicago here in the United States
earn my Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) I met another lady who I
asked
to go out with me and she rejected me. I asked her why knowing full well
she
had not made this a matter of prayer and she told me that the reason she
would not go out with me is because I am not God's will for her life to be
her husband.

So I asked her to explain so I can understand. She said that I could not
possibly be the man God has for her to marry because she was believing God
for a million dollars and I would not know how to spend it. I responded
with
"Try me!"

One more illustration here. Recently I met a lady on line from Indonesia
who
I sent a letter to regarding my proposed ministry to the Philippines as a
independent missionary to share food, clothing and most importantly, the
Gospel of Jesus Christ. She wrote an IM or message to me stating she could
not get acquainted with me because she was not about to be going back and
forth between Jakarta and Manila just so I could fulfill what I believe to
be God's calling to my life for all of the rest of it. Still others said
God
had called them to stay home and not get involved in missions because
they
could not leave their homes to travel to a foreign country to work in the
Lord's service.

You know what? God never calls us to stay home and do nothing. To the
contrary, Jesus Himself said "Go ye into all the world and preach the
Gospel
baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost and
Lo
I am with thee always, even to the ends of the world..." So when did he
call
these women to do nothing? Every woman who had any dealing with the Lord
had
something to do like Lydia (I believe) who hid the Israeli spies in her
home
from the local police of the day.  Notice something here...None of them
offered instead to to send me regular support although I was not asking
for
any , to pray for me and my future  and none asked me how I envision my
ministry to be. They just arbitrarily decided on the spot I was not God's
will. I had to laugh about a lot of this because it is so like satan to
blind eyes to keep them from doing what God wants them to do.

Notice also, ...all these women said I was not the man who God has willed
for them. Yet neither of them had prayed for God's will concerning me.
Other
ladies I have met on line have this same MO (Modus Operandi) or method..
they make up their minds that I was not the one for them even without
praying.

Are you glimpsing at the foolishness of pseudo faith and these marvels in
Christendom? Everyone has their own idea what walking in the will of God
is
all about. At the center of it all is absolute surrender to God's will
and
lessening of self.

I am convinced that it is not hard at all to determine if something is
God's
will.

First of all, does what is being considered in the Bible or does it
compromised Biblical truths or  is there precedence for it in the
Scriptures? Since God is the author of the Scriptures which were breathed
into the hearts of the writers of the canonized Word, anything found in it
is Gospel...God's truths. For instance, it is God's will that I find a
wife.
The Word says, "...he that findeth a wife (or husband) findeth a good
thing
and obtaineth favor of the Lord." So God wills that we find a lifetime
partner unless we are gifted with singleness which I definitely am not. It
is pseudo Christianity to pretend to know the will of God when Scripture
is
NOT violated and obviously IS the will of God. It goes without saying. If
we
want a mate, go for it...pray and ask God for His man or His woman to
come
into our lives.

Secondly, does what we seek violate our own principles? If we know
without a
shadow of a doubt that God wants us to be single (Paul suggested that
these
folks stay single so they can more effectively serve the Lord and thus
prevent a hindrance to doing what God has called us to do like going into
our Judea and beyond to do God's bidding!) I grant you, I am not called to
singleness. Someone suggested that maybe God wants me to stay single
otherwise I would already have that wife I desire to spend the rest of my
life with.

The woman I desire to have would have to hold certain characteristics or
practice Biblical practices. I am not to be unequally yoked with
unbelievers
 To do so would be like trying to hitch a horse and a cow or bull to pull
cart laden with heavy cargo. It just will not work. They have to be of
the
same species of animals or they will work against one another and the
cart
goes nowhere. So I do not desire an unbeliever. I do not desire anyone,
even
one who claims to be a Christian, who does not share my burden(s) nor the
venue of my proposed service. God told me in 1963 as I was leaving the
Philippines (where I grew up and grew to love the people of my father who
was also a Filipino) that I would return to work in God's vineyard winning
souls and providing a service to the down and outers someday.

It never occurred to me that I would someday be young enough to serve the
Lord (who isn't?) to do what I enjoy most...winning souls. In 2000, I was
priveleged to be asked to attend a conference for evangelists and pastors
from around the world under the auspices of the Billy Graham Evangelistic
Association in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. During the Last day of the
10-day
conference, God began to speak to my heart confirming my calling and was
told to begin a ministry on line (I am reaching more people for Christ
than
Billy Graham ever did simply because the Internet is not localized. It is
reaching all the free world plus some! I obeyed and my ministry, His Love
Extended Ministries, International (www.hisloveextended.com)  was born and
has been strong since it's inception! Many have been saved consequently.
All
glory to God for His marvelous light! So we can readily see here that God
indeed had called me to ministry in the Philippines. You can also see this
on my Testimony on the Home Page there.

There are certain qualities I desire in a wife such as one who loves the
Lord, is called to do the same thing I am so there is unity between us.
She
must want a husband. She must have certain personal qualities as a woman
which I will not enumerate here since this is not the venue for  that.

Thirdly and most important, prayer must be involved every step of the
way.
Notice I said above that the women I talked to never prayed before
deciding
I was not God's will for them. One of them being silly and saying I would
not know how to spend a million dollars. Ha ha ha! Such comedy!

Scripture tells us in Proverbs 3:5 and 6 which tells us, "Trust in the
Lord
with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding. Acknowledge
Him and He will direct your paths."

So I am to pray for God's understanding, seeing any potential who meets
what
I Desiree in a wife and as I date her or write to her if she is located
elsewhere, I am to constantly pray asking God to keep His hand on me and
guide me and her, to be sensitive to the still small voice of God Who is
the
peace maker. God never violates His Word nor does He violate our desires
if
they are holy pursuits. The Word tells us that "There is a way that
seemeth
right unto a man but the ends thereof are those of unrighteousness..." So
this tells me that my thoughts and desires must be holy desires, not
violating the Word or it is not what God wants for us. So what is God's
criterion about this? He gives us that peace "...that passes all
understanding..." This is what we wait for...God will giuve us that peace
let us know "...when we are getting hot in who we want or who is God's
will
for us." So if someone violates the Word or any Biblical principles and
also
violates the characteristics God and I agree is what the potential object
of
my love should be, I will steer clear. But when the opposite is the case,
brethren, we have found God's will for a mate and service for HIm!
Hallelujah

So it is a matter of trusting God to know what is best for us since He
knows
our future. He does not object to someone to be mean and ugly but to
bring
us His best and brethren, I want and need God's best He can give me at
long
last! This is then His will for my life! A walk of faith believing and
trusting God's divine guidance and provision.

There is a time when the dream God gave us dies then later is
resurrected.
It has been several years since my last relationship and I feel in my
heart
of hearts and am convinced that God knows best and wants us to wait on
Him
so He can prepare our future mate for us and us for them!

One more thing...many like to maintain and keep a svelte or school girl
or
boy figure so we starve ourselves to become "sexy" and attract a better
brand of partner. There are some anomalies when it comes to diet. It is
NOT
God's will that we starve ourselves to stay slim. It could backfire on us
leading to potential death when the diet (starvation diet where we purge
after eating a big meal). Many have gone that way and have lost their
lives
trying to obtain a certain look. This is not God's design for us. We need
fuel to charge our different organ function to keep life going. I believe
it
is suicide to have gone to this extent. Princess Diana, in her
disappointment of losing the love of her husband, Prince Charles and got
that place where she was skin and bones. Her last TV appearance showed
her
to be frail as a consequence.

So my advice as a former RN (Registered Nurse) who worked in the nursing
field for over 40 years is to do the right thing for your body to stay
healthy. Eat healthy and discard habits or practices which destroy the
body,
the Temple of the Holy Spirit Who lives within us and you will be happy.
The
same goes to finding a mate. Be patient and trust God to prepare us for
our
future mates and them for us!

I hope and pray that this devotional has blessed you and helped you
understand how we arrive at God's will for our lives. Trust Him with
unwavering faith and do the right thing knowing that He has our best
interest at heart and wants us to be happy more than we do! But He would
prepare us to receive His blessings in our lives! Beloved, can you fathom
that? Hallelujah!

Prayer: Father in heaven, the great lover of our souls, we lift our
hearts
and minds to You in surrender of our will and our hearts so we can see
the
wonderful blessing you have in store for us...Your joy and Your peace!
Thank
you so much for your abundant love for us! Help us to be patient and to
wait
on you! In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the Savior Who died to
bring us love, joy, peace and all the other gifts of the Spirit and Your
provision for us! Amen!

God bless you as you wait on God dear child of God. If you do not know
God
as your Savior and lover of your soul, I invite you to ask Him into your
heart to clean you from sin, love you and you Him so that you can eat at
His
table of abundance and blessings! Amen!

Song WAV  -  Wind Beneath My Wings