[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Don't get mad at God

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Apr 6 19:18:12 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Rev. Esther R. Scott" <revessie at yahoo.com>
To: <NewBirthMinistries at yahoogroups.com>, "urctcprayergroup2"
<urctcprayergroup2 at yahoogroups.com>, <readyforHim at yahoogroups.com>,
<reachingouttoothersgroup at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Don't get mad at God
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2011 08:44:12 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

 Don't get mad at God

estherscott1257 | April 6, 2011 at 8:25 am | Tags: money luck fortune
fame
manipulation witchcraft angry mad at God | Categories: Uncategorized |

Mat 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one,
and
love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other.
Ye
cannot serve God and mammon.

Things people fall out for: Money and Luck.

Have you ever seen people who get angry with God because things aren't
going
their way? If they are young and barely experienced with Christianity,
they
can be excused but after a while and a few years go by, it gets a little
nerve-wracking.

After having a relationship with God for a while, one needs to recognize
that everything in this world goes God's way whether negative or positive.
We learn from our experiences. If you cannot take care of a Vega, why
would
God give you a Cadillac? And I don't just mean that in terms of a
vehicle.
There will be times when you ask God for something and it never seems to
come. Before you blame Him for not answering your prayer, blame yourself.
God knows your personality and He knows what you can and cannot handle.
Why
should He cause you to hit the lottery if you refuse to pay something as
simple as tithes? If you can't pay tithes on $600.00 a month, how will you
pay it on $10,000.00 a month? Let's be reasonable, God is not stupid.

I have heard people say, "Why won't He give me what I am asking for? The
bible tells us to ask!" Yes, it also says that you have not because you
ask
amiss. Let's check out the word 'amiss' for a minute. Mirriam-Webster
Dictionary describes it as, " in a mistaken way, wrongly. Off the right
path
or route, astray. Imperfectly." Now, if someone cannot get the meaning of
that, something is wrong. You cannot live anyway that you want to and
think
that God will bless you in your mess!

Holy living is needed to have a right relationship with God. That means
that
you should not be doing what you used to do before you got saved. Simply
put
 God is not going to bless you if you are committing adultery, scamming
people, lying, double-minded, deceiving, fornicating, cussing people out
and
thinking that no one can hear it....God can!

We act just like little children when they don't get their way. When we
don
t get our way, we stop going to church, we hate the preacher and call him
false prophet, we get mad at mom and dad, and our siblings. What we don't
realize is that we have created a persona that proceeds us wherever we go.
People will not want to be bothered with us. Our pride is too strong and
it
rebukes anything that tries to help us. A drowning man will cause you to
drown if you don't know how to swim.

In this microwave society, we want what we want and we want it now!
Saying a
little prayer or a repetitive prayer will not hasten it. God sends what
we
need and sees to it that we get it whether Michael the Archangel has to
fight for it or not. Michael doesn't get the last Word, God does! Because
he
fought the Prince of Persia over Daniels answer, doesn't necessarily mean
that it is happening to us. And if it is....where is your patience? Isn't
patience a part of the gifts of the spirit? Some people are under so many
distresses and influences that patience doesn't have a chance. Their
personalities are changed due to drugs, alcohol, bad friends, bad
relationships, physical or mental disabilities, or wrong advice given them
by well-meaning ministers. I've seen people get extremely upset because
the
new preacher that they sat under didn't give them any better 'luck' than
the
old preacher that they sat under. They end up literally jumping from
church
to church looking for 'luck.' It's horrible. God knows our hearts. Are we
looking for luck or Jesus? "I will have NO other gods before me."

If you notice, when a child wants something he learns to master
manipulation
and the word of God says that manipulation is witchcraft. I've literally
seen Christians who have learned to manipulate and when they don't get
their
way, they go off on personal tantrums and they think that it's okay. It's
not, it's damaging to their relationships with others. Such displays
whether
personal or public are horrific and causes people to not trust that
person.
They get upset and dog out one personality to another but the sad thing
is,
people are expecting it when they see them coming. It's like a person who
looks for love in all the wrong places.

I pray that you don't allow this dogging spirit to use you as you search
for
money or luck.

Rev Esther R. Scott

06April11