[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus.. temper, temper

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Apr 21 21:51:27 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "??  -  Rev. Joe Diaz  :) [His Love Extended Ministries
International]  ??" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Jesus.. temper, temper
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2011 13:29:39 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

CLEAN HUMOR & GOD'S TRUTH (for a world that needs both)

Follow the Back Pew on..

JESUS.. temper, temper

Just one day after Jesus triumphant entry on that first Palm Sunday we

find Jesus frustrated with the true mess the temple had become. In
contrast
yesterday on Palm Sunday I was reffing youth basketball in the afternoon
where in one particular game the basketball play was ragged, and the
parents
were (to put it bluntly) ridiculous whiners.. which put me in a foul
mood.

So I would put Jesus frustration in the category of righteous indignation
while.. my mood yesterday.. well I was just crabby. It is a good thing for
me my games were over before SUNDOWN.

The Temple should be the house of worship instead the ATM moneychangers,
the
temple birds salesman, The Bibleland Bobblehead booth, and the slinkees
and
pet rocks vendors have made it a true den of theives. Frustrated was a
true
understatement, and so Jesus clears the temple.

In the church I attend I have not found any merchants getting rich in the
name of faith.. UNLESS... the coffee and donuts for sale in the lobby are
be considered a sin. While I believe coffee and donuts fall short of
being
mistaken for a holy sacrament I do consider them two of life's small
blessings and refuse to overturn this table... unless they refuse to serve
me. Then they would be MESSIN WITH THE WRONG GUY!

Right after setting things straight in the Temple Jesus took out his
angst
on an innocent fig tree that he came across that did not bear fruit. Be
angry but sin NOT describes this day for Jesus though some
environmentalists
of the day were in shock and dismay over the plight of the poor poor fig
tree left in the wake of Jesus anger.. CLAIMING.. trees are people too..
NOT!

Each year during the Holy Week week my wife and I try and read 'The Final
Week of Jesus' by Max Lucado. Each day is reflected on in a way that
brings
great focus to the amazing last week of Jesus life on Earth. In this book
Max writes how this was the last time Jesus would be in the Temple as He
knew his days were numbered. What a frustration it must have been for
Jesus
to see the purpose of worship being peverted by those in charge of the
Temple.

While we may not have money changers to overturn in our churches, I do
believe as beleivers we need to be more than a bit concerned at our
society
and it's disregard for God's laws and His church. Happy is the Nation
who's
God is the Lord! Ps 33:12.. instead America has become a country so
tolerant
of all faiths (tolerant meaning equalizing beliefs in false god's with
the
God of our Bibles) that we are in my opinion in danger of being cursed by
God like that fig tree 2000 years ago.

You may find comfort in the fact that I am not a prophet and so my fig
tree
analogy about America is not shared, BUT.. I do pray this Holy Week that
God
bless and lead His people to a focus of heart, soul, and mind like never
before.

Jeff

Key Scriptures of Inspiration in The Back Pew

(1) Love God.. love others.. Mt. 22:37-39 (2) Trust God with all your
heart.
 Pr. 3:5-6

(3) The Lord is my Shepherd.. Ps.23 (4) Dwell on what is true, honorable,
and pure.. Phil 4:8