[Faith-talk] ways for blind people to access worship

trising trising at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 22 01:47:34 UTC 2011

I have a Braille hymnal, but there is no way to take all of those volumes, and sort through them in less than ten seconds in between
parts of the service while singing in the choir and sitting in the choir loft. So, I have someone send me the bulletin and words for
the hymns in a computer file. Nick takes the file and embosses it each week on our Braille embosser. This way, I have a bulletin
like everyone else, but mine also contains the words of the hymns. You might also get someone to give you a copy of the bulletin on
a Secure Digital Card or thumb drive that can be put in a Braille Note or Pac Mate. Most bulletins are created electronically. If
you get the right person, most churches will not mind sharing these electronic files. I hope this helps.

Terri Wilcox