[Faith-talk] non-christians on this list

Jorge Paez computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 19:36:23 UTC 2011

Kirt:
I do believe you are right in the divisions.
I myself am a Catholic, but have taken the time to study the 2 other major religions of the world (Judaism and Islam), and we're currently studying the reformation in school.

According to my understanding, the majesterium mandated at that time that all bibles bee in Latin, therefore making it impossible for the "common people" to read,
while the protestants (please correct me if I'm wrong) were the first to start reading the bible in common languages, believing that the bible should be read and understood by each and every believer.

Am I correct?

Jorge