[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Eggs, Easter Bunnies, and the American Way (Sound on)

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Apr 24 03:31:59 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "??  -  Rev. Joe Diaz  :) [His Love Extended Ministries
International]  ??" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Eggs, Easter Bunnies, and the American Way
(Sound on)
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 19:59:11 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

CLEAN HUMOR & GOD'S TRUTH (for a world that needs both)

Eggs, Bunnies, and the American Way

I had a subscriber.. recently UNSUBSCRIBE because of my cartoon of the
Easter Bunny in the same panel with the 3 Crosses with the caption.. Have
Fun with the cute tradition, but be sure to celebrate our Risen Savior.
They were offended with an image that appeared to give equal billing to
Peter Cottontail and Jesus Christ? but I guess they did not read my
caption.

Actually I think that cartoon captures my perspective on the Easter
weekend.
 I enjoy the fun my wife and I have shared with our kids over the years,
coloring eggs, hiding baskets, and all the other fun Easter traditions,
BUT
I do not confuse this light fun with the Passion of the Cross.

The Holy week of Jesus with all the cornerstone pieces of the salvation
message MUST be remembered and honored or we miss the point of Easter.

Now we live in a society where schools have Good Friday off, but don?t
call
it Good Friday because that would be ?too Christian? and disrespectful of
all the other religions in our diverse society.

To this I respond with the scripture, Happy is the Nation is who?s God is
the Lord.  We should be celebrating the Truth of the Easter message
including Good Friday and quit apologizing for it.  My fear is we are as a
nation slip sliding away on the slopes of compromise and are on the cusp
of
falling far as just another nation and no longer regarded as a Christian
nation, and will suffer the consequences of these choices.

The good news is two-fold.

1.  I AM JUST A CARTOONIST and not a prophet, so what the HOOT do I know
anyways, and

2.  If we are falling as a nation, God will take us back.  So let?s as
individuals prayerfully be faithful and unite as a ONE CHURCH (of many
denominations) but with the ONE PURPOSE  in honoring our God by loving Him
and others as ourselves.  Then as ONE CHURCH let?s start a revival to
become
again ONE NATION under God (not multiple gods) with liberty and justice
for
all.

BUT I DIGRESS..  and while my point is serious point is made on honoring
the
salvation message of Easter, now let me segue gracefully like a Peter
Cottontail down the bunny trail (or a Norwegian bull in a china shop) to
my
secular Easter of bunnies, chicks (the birds, not the girls), colored
eggs,
chocolate, and baskets.

May God bless each of you this Easter with safe travels, good family fun,
and a great time of celebrating

our Risen Lord.

Easter Blessings

Jeff

Key Scriptures of Inspiration in The Back Pew

(1) Love God.. love others.. Mt. 22:37-39 (2) Trust God with all your
heart.
 Pr. 3:5-6

(3) The Lord is my Shepherd.. Ps.23 (4) Dwell on what is true, honorable,
and pure.. Phil 4:8

Sound WAV  -  I Believe (Daniel O'Donnell