[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] CHRIST PAID FOR OUR SALVATION!

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Apr 24 05:23:38 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Joe Diaz" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
To: "??  -  Rev. Joe Diaz  :) [His Love Extended Ministries
International]  ??" <revjoe2701 at comcast.net>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] CHRIST PAID FOR OUR SALVATION!
Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:58:32 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

CHRIST PAID FOR OUR SALVATION!

Hebrews 13:11-14, "The high priest carries the blood of animals into the
Most Holy Place as a sin offering, but the bodies are burned outside the
camp. And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people
holy through His own blood. Let us, then, go to Him outside the camp,
bearing the disgrace He bore. For here we do not have an enduring city,
but
we are looking for the city that is to come."

I heard a car salesman and church member share that he was always looking
for opportunities to share the gospel, and hopefully lead someone to the
Lord. As a salesman he would start out trying to sell a car, but when it
was
clear that the customer was not going to buy, he would ask about the
customer's soul.

The conversation would go something like this:

SALESMAN: "Are you ready to meet the Lord?"

CUSTOMER: "I think so."

SALESMAN: "What makes you ready to meet the Lord?

CUSTOMER: "I'm a good person."

SALESMAN: "How good do you think you have to be?"

CUSTOMER: "Pretty good!"

SALESMAN: "How good is pretty good?"

CUSTOMER: "Pretty, pretty good!"

SALESMAN: "Do you know how good the Bible says you have to be?"

CUSTOMER: "Nope."

SALESMAN: "Perfect!"

CUSTOMER: "Who in the world is perfect?

SALESMAN: "Me!!!"

Before the customer would walk out in disgust, he would share that it was
not because of his behavior or actions, but that we are made perfect
through
the Blood of Jesus Christ. It is His perfection that makes us righteous
and
ready to meet the Lord.

The question often is asked: "How are we to be saved?" Jesus is the
answer
to man's question concerning salvation. Let me share with you some of the
offices Jesus filled to provide us with a complete salvation. All are
found
in the book of Hebrews:

Chapter one: Christ is our Sin-Purger! Has He purged your sins?

Chapter two: Christ is the Captain of our Salvation! Is He your Captain?

Chapter three: Christ is The Son over His own house! Are you part of His
household?

Chapter five: Christ is our Great High Priest! Do you worship under His
direction?

Chapter six: Christ is our Forerunner! Are you His follower or are you

trying to lead?

Chapter eight: Christ is our Mediator! Is He making intercession for you?

Chapter twelve: Christ is our Prince and Perfecter of Faith! Have you

trusted in Him fully?

Chapter thirteen: Christ is our Great Shepherd! Are you the sheep of His
pasture?

Because Jesus fills all of the offices mentioned above, He meets every
need
of every believer. We need only to come to Him in faith believing, to
find
rest for our souls. The unrepentant must repent and be saved. The
backslider
must stop the downward spiral that leads to destruction, and return to
fellowship and communion with God's family.

The spiritually bankrupt will find a supply of grace and goodness that is
all sufficient. It is essential that we come to Him as the lost souls that
we are and allow His blood to cleanse us and make us new. We just have to
come and accept Him. It is so easy, but we make it so hard. When we draw
near to Him we can be assured that He will draw near to us.

Blessings dear hearts. Walk with God today. Trust Him completely and be a
blessing.

Love & Prayers,

Michael J. Knight.