[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Good Friday Morning!! Andrew & Saskia Smith - Lead Me to Calvary

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:18:57 UTC 2011

And one more that says it all.

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Good Friday Morning!! Andrew & Saskia Smith -
Lead Me to Calvary
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2011 07:18:15 -0600

      I think sometimes we forget the holiness of this holiday.  We are
bombarded by the cute little bunnies and the painted eggs and the candy and
the food...!  We have to remember!  We have to remember the pain, the
horribleness of what our Lord endured for us.

      Lead Me to Calvary
      (And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down
and began to pray, saying, "Father, if Thou art willing, remove this cup
from Me; yet not My will, but Thine, be done."  Now an angel from heaven
appeared to Him, strengthening Him.  And being in agony He was praying
fervently; and He sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the
ground.  Luke 22:41-44)

      King of my life, I crown Thee now,
      Thine shall the glory be;
      Lest I forget Thy thorn-crowned brow,
      Lead me to Calvary.

      Show me the tomb where Thou wast laid,
      Tenderly mourned and wept;
      Angels in robes of light arrayed
      Guarded Thee whilst Thou slept.

      Chorus:
      Lest I forget Gethsemane;
      Lest I forget Thine agony;
      Lest I forget Thy love for me,
      Lead me to Calvary.

      May I be willing, Lord, to bear
      Daily my cross for Thee;
      Even Thy cup of grief to share,
      Thou has done all for me.

      Chorus

      Fill me, O Lord, with Thy desire,
      For all who know not Thee.
      Then touch my lips with holy fire
      To speak of Calvary

      Chorus

      Lest I forget Thy love for me,
      Lead me to Calvary.

      Oh, Jesus, don't ever let us forget what You suffered for us.
Don't let us become comfortable and complacent in our faith.  Keep Your
sacrifice on that cross ever at the forefront of our minds.  Remind us the
cost of our salvation.  Thank You, Holy Savior, for Your obedience to the
Father that resulted in our redemption.  We thank You and praise You in
Your own precious name.  Amen.

                  "But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your
mouth and in your heart' - that is, the word of faith whch we are
preaching, that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe
in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for
with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth
he confesses, resulting in salvation."
                  Romans 10:8-10

                  Please do not post my creations on websites or in
groups that also post AC/SAC material.
                    My work is meant to honor the Lord God and I would be
ashamed to see it displayed in such company.

                  Graphic from WWW
                  Font: Splendid
                  April - 2011

                  Image from shares, scans, or www
                  This is a private e-mail and is covered by
                  Title 18, Part I, Chapter 47, Sec. 1030
                  and Internet Privacy Law.