[Faith-talk] FW: [safehavenofrest] Take time to laugh

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:11:19 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Beverly Hembree" <redwhiteblue at juno.com>
To: safehavenofrest at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [safehavenofrest] Take time to laugh
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:05:18 GMT

Take Time To Laugh Today's Scripture"A cheerful heart is good medicine,
but a broken spirit saps a person's strength." Proverbs 17:22 NLT Thoughts
for TodayThis week we will ponder some of the real characteristics that
should be evidenced as we pursue our relationship with God and draw closer
to him. One such characteristic is joy.Christianity is joyful. Joy is good
for your health. During difficult times, we might not always have laughter,
but God provides joy in all of our circumstances. The Bible describes
practical steps to joy and ways to laugh more. Consider this … Try
to stop taking yourself so seriously! Take time for laughter, for
fellowship. Learn to enjoy yourself. Start each day out by rejoicing. Thank
God for another day. Thank him for the opportunities ahead of you. Thank
him for his love.Involve happy people in your life. Smiling faces make you
feel happy. Laughter is contagious.Simplify your life in order to enjoy
God's goodness. Sometimes we all get so involved in our "to-do" lists and
worrying about tomorrow that we never enjoy the moment. Remember the old
adage: Take time to smell the roses!Always remember—real Christians
laugh!Prayer Father, thank you for providing joy in every circumstance.
Help me to experience a cheerful heart in every circumstance. Help me to
walk in your freedom and to laugh often. In Jesus' name …