[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Pastor John Hagee Devotional

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 29 20:40:04 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Pastor John Hagee Devotional
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 13:28:50 -0400

The Christian Arouses Persecution Because He Interferes

(Matthew 5:12) - "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your
reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

----

The Christian interferes with prejudices.  He interferes with the
comfortable use of lewd humor.  He interferes with sinful pleasures.  The
Christian will not go along with the flow.  He just doesn't fit in with the
carnal world.

Christian ethics sometimes even dare to interfere with the sacred cow of
business.  When Jesus went into the temple and turned over the tables of
the moneychangers, they were mad as hornets!  That very afternoon they
entered into a conspiracy to kill Him.
Paul had his clothes torn off and was thrown into jail at Philippi for
interfering with the business of some slave owners.  A mob at Ephesus tried
to tear him limb from limb because his Christian principles were ruining
their business.  They were getting rich making statues of the goddess
Diana.  When Paul preached against idolatry and when the people listened,
the rich suddenly faced poverty.  Their solution?  Kill Paul!

Rejoice in Trials

When persecution comes, what will we do?   When a world driven by lust
and greed reviles us for righteousness' sake hat will we do?
Jesus recommends that we rejoice and be exceedingly glad.  Don't mope and
whine.  Go home, burst through the door with a smile on your face and day,
"Sweetie, they're lying about me again!

Jesus says, "Congratulations!"  In being persecuted we join the
distinguished company of the prophets and martyrs who went before us.  We
are following in their footsteps.  Persecution is living proof that we are
members in good standing of the kingdom of heaven and have become a threat
to Satan and his kingdom.