[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Learning to Hear His Voice - Senior Living Ministries

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:24:44 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY_at_FloridaHealth" <FloridaHealth21 at verizon.net>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Learning to Hear His Voice - Senior Living
Ministries
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:42:12 -0400

              A man's 13-year-old grandson had just made the
seventh-grade basketball team. After the first week of practice, the
grandfather asked him, "So how is the team? Do you like playing?"

                        Whether you turn to the right or to the left,
your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in
it."
                        --Isaiah 30:21

            The boy replied, "We haven't really started playing yet. So
far we've just been dribbling the ball, listening to loud music, and the
coach yells at us a lot."

            The grandfather was a little puzzled, but figured the boy
probably left out a few details. So, he checked back the next week, "Well,
how's it going now? Is the coach still yelling?"

            "Yup," the young man replied. "Now we're passing and
dribbling the ball and running the length of the court. And the coach is
still playing loud music, and he's still yelling."

            The grandfather was completely baffled. "Does he yell at
everyone or just some of the guys?"

            The grandson replied, "He yells at each of us."

            The next day the grandfather dropped by practice to see for
himself the kind of basketball team the coach was creating. He introduced
himself to the coach and asked if he would explain today's training to him.

            The coach was happy to explain, "To be able to coach the guys
during a game, I need them to be able to recognize my voice and to focus
regardless of everything else going on around them."

            We each need to train our ears to hear God's voice above
everything else going on around us. In the middle of noisy trials and happy
celebrations, can you hear His voice above the others?

            Prayer Challenge
            Ask the Lord to help you to become so familiar with His voice
that you can recognize it above every circumstance of life.

                  Click here to support the continuation of this
e-devotional ministry.

                  © 2010 Senior Living Ministries  |  Forward to a Friend