[Faith-talk] this week's reflection - what is the right way? -understanding others

Jorge Paez computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 00:14:52 UTC 2011

Very interesting Joshua.
Certainly I'll look into it.

I wasn't aware that there was a "church" and then a split, I was taught that there was the Catholic church and then everything split from there,
but,
I will research before I say more.
Jorge

On Apr 29, 2011, at 7:41 PM, Joshua Lester wrote:

> Jesus is the creator.
> Did I not clarify that he was the Father in creation?
> I showed you that God was a spirit, (John 4:24.)
> That spirit was made manifest in flesh, (1 Timothy, 3:16.)
> Jesus was God that created, who wrapped himself in flesh, (Son,) to
> redeem, and now lives in us as the Holy Ghost in regeneration.
> The holy Ghost is Christ in us, the hope of glory.
> Romans, 8:9 says, that if we don't have the spirit of Christ, (the
> Holy Ghost,) we're none of his.
> The church was founded in 29 A.D.
> The Roman Catholic Church was founded in 325, A.D.
> They don't teach what the early church taught, because Constantine
> added idol worship, (IE worship of the Roman Gods,) to the christian
> faith.
> They even had icons, (pictures,) to worship.
> They condemned the early church, and persecuted them.
> Many were stoned, burned at the steak, or imprisoned, as heretics,
> because they preached this very message.
> God has always had a church, and he has restored the 1st century church.
> Those of us that hold to the Apostolic message, (those things which
> were preached by Jesus, and the apostles,) are the restoration of the
> 1st century church.
> They baptized in Jesus's name, taught that there was only one God,
> (not a trinity,) and they believed in receiving the Holy Ghost
> evidenced by speaking in other tongues, as the Spirit gives utterance.
> What's the right way?
> Find an apostolic Pentecostal Church, (because they're teaching what
> was preached by the Apostles.
> Repent, get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ, for the remission of
> sin, and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
> Acts, 2:38 is still essential for salvation.
> Blessings, Joshua
>
> On 4/29/11, Jorge Paez <computertechjorgepaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Notice,
>> for the glory of God.
>>
>> In that lays your flaw,
>> anything that is done for the glory of God shall be rewarded,
>> not just in the name of Jesus,
>> but in the name of the creator.
>>
>> The Creator, the Almighty, is the supreme power.
>>
>> All religions accept this.
>>
>> Are they all right?
>> Maybe not.
>> Do I agree with everything that has ever been written?
>> Certainly not,
>> but as long as people honor the universal truths taught by Jesus, and God's
>> other messengers they are safe.
>>

>> On Apr 29, 2011, at 12:52 AM, Alan Wheeler wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, you are right. In fact, we find in Phillipians:
>>>
>>> Philippians 2
>>>
>>> 5 ¶You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.
>>> 6 ¶Though he was God, ¶he did not think of equality with God ¶as something
>>> to cling to.
>>> 7 ¶Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; ¶he took the humble position
>>> of a slave ¶and was born as a human being. ¶When he appeared in human
>>> form,
>>> 8 ¶he humbled himself in obedience to God ¶and died a criminal’s death on
>>> a
>>> cross.

>>> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/faith-talk_nfbnet.org/awheeler65%40win