[Faith-talk] Holiness, or legalism?

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Wed Aug 10 22:45:37 UTC 2011

I'm not one to judge sleeve lengths, and things like that.
I just don't like people going to church, dressed inappropriately.
I believe, that extrabiblical standards lead to legalism, but it isn't
legalistic, when there are certain things spelled out, clearly in the
Bible.
I showed you about the women, and the hair, in 1 Corinthians, 11.
That isn't legalistic, because it's clearly spelled out in scripture.
Also, one of our preachers in the UPC, named Lee Stoneking has a
powerful sermon on this truth, on Youtube.
Please listen to him.
Also, again, please read John Wesley's writings.
I'm concerned about everyone, on here.
I love you, with God's love.
Sometimes, I have to tell people what they don't want to hear, because
it's called speaking the truth in love.
I remember when I was growing up.
We had a tent revival, every summer.
Walter Airs preached under the big tent, every July.
He preached Hell, so hot I could feel the fire, and smell the smoke.
He'd cry, because he didn't want anyone to go there.
Conviction fell on me, every time I heard him preach.
When he'd mention the bottomless pit, I could imagine it, because his
description was so graphic.
I could feel my self falling, and falling, and there was no stopping it.
It's that kind of holiness preaching, that brings conviction to the souls.
It isn't Joel Ostine's, "discover the champion in you," nonsense, that
wins souls.
There's no mention of the cross, or the blood.
The churches today have removed the blood, from the songbooks, because
it's too offensive.
Now, the so-called praise and worship music, resembles that of a rock concert.
What a shame!
like they were in the old time way.
Blessings, Joshua