[Faith-talk] Anglican Church

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 1 23:01:55 UTC 2011

Terry,
So  you all kneel for prayer; where? next to the pew? or is there some
carpeted place you go up to?
United methodists stand for prayer but kneel for communion at the altar. If
you cannot go up for communion, one can be served at their seat in the pews.
I've always thought that would hurt the knees to  kneel. and, do you
memorize when to kneel? You cannot see what they're doing.

Speaking of reading prayer, I could not do that and I never felt fully
included in church service.
Prayers and responses are printed in the bulletin. I just stand and listen.
I did get a braille hymnal, but the  disadvantage is I cannot sing
and stand with everyone since I've got the hymnal in my lap.

I generally stand when everyone else does other than singing. I have some
vision so see when to do that and some I memorized; like I know you stand
for the doxology.

Ashley