[Faith-talk] Friday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:26:46 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all, my fellow Christians and saints of the Most High God.  Here are today's thought-provoking pearls of wisdom for your consideration, all but one having sources.

Anything that one imagines of God, apart from Christ, is only useless thinking and vain idolatry.  Martin Luther

It is one of the tragedies of the church that so often the preaching of the resurrection is confined to Easter time.  Every Sunday is the Lord's Day, and every Sunday should be kept as Resurrection Day.  William Barclay

When men surrender themselves to the Spirit of God, they will learn more concerning God, Christ and the atonement and immortality in a week, than they would learn in a lifetime, apart from the Spirit.

Our confidence in Christ does not make us negligent, lazy or careless, but on the contrary it awakens us, urges us on and makes us active in living righteous live and doing good.  There is no self-confidence to compare with this.  Ulrich Zwingli (1485-1534)

The dying Jesus is the evidence of God's anger toward sin, but the living Jesus is the proof of God's love and forgiveness.  Eifert

What we are often speaks louder than what we say.

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.  Hal Borland

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.  Virgil A. Kraft

In the spring I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.  Mark Twain

And there you have it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.