[Faith-talk] hair, modesty and Christian living

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 3 01:00:59 UTC 2011

Hi,
Same with me. I won't wear strapless stuff either. I also cover my
upper body including the chest. I will wear short sleeves in summer. I won't
do body piercings though except for earrings.
Having a nose ring or belly button ring is definitely immodest. I am a
little judgemental on dress codes; I feel our society is becoming more lax
and having revealing clothes.
As Christians we can be the counter culture and preserve decency.
God did not mean for us to show off certain parts.  Many Christian schools
have a dress code; that is against revealing clothes, they can wear pants in
some of them though.

That is good your girl dresses the way she does. Dressing says something
about your personality too.

Ashley