[Faith-talk] Tuesday's Quotes and a Prayer Request

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 10:25:21 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all, ladies and gentlemen and saints of the Most High God.  Here are today's quotes for your consideration, pondering and reflection.

Never give the devil a ride.  He will always want to drive.

Plan ahead.  It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.

Pray is a four-letter word that you can say anywhere.

Don't give God instructions, just report for duty.

The will of God will not take you to where the grace of God will not protect you.

This church is prayer-conditioned.

To be almost saved is to be totally lost.

Warning: Exposure to the Son will prevent burning.  (Please note the spelling of the key word in this quote).

If God is your copilot, swap seats.

It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.

And there you have it for today.  Hope you enjoyed these, as the undersigned thought that several were quite clever.

The prayer request is as follows: Last Thursday morning one of our beloved members of our small church, Donna Breckenridge, went home to be with her Lord due to complications from pneumonia.  This past Christmas Day morning her husband, George, also went home to be with his Lord due to a house fire caused by a pyromaniac in their neighborhood.  Please pray for their family members.  Of significance to the undersigned is that, when my Mom went home to be with the Lord, they opened their humble home and hearts to me, doing this without any fanfare or things like that, which really warmed my heart.  I know that what I'm about to request might be a little too forward for some but, if possible, I'd really like to talk on the phone with anyone willing to do so.  Please email me off list with your phone number and the best time to call at oilofgladness47 at gmail.com.  Some of you know that I'll not say anything inappropriate.  Just hearing a friendly voice at the end of the phone line will mean more than anything.  Thanks in advance.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the One who lived an earthly existence, died and now lives forever to bring us His salvation and peace, Paul Barnabas.