[Faith-talk] FW: [masterslist] In 2012, Listen Up!

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Dec 30 20:25:51 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters15 at gmail.com>
To: "masters list" <masterslist at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [masterslist] In 2012, Listen Up!
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 2011 12:05:26 -0500

In 2012, listen up!

"A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one Year and out the
other." -Anonymous

Researchers have determined that advertisers bombard us with
approximately
2,000,000,007 messages a day telling us to buy, buy, buy. Then, there's
the
news
channels telling us to worry, worry, worry. And there's all the other
things
we hear from teachers, bosses, spouses, kids. Wow! No wonder we have a
hard
time with New Year's resolutions. We have so many people telling us what
do, we barely have time to think for ourselves. let alone think about
what
God thinks.

So if there is one resolution that I might offer as a valid one for
someone
who is in Christ, it would be this:

In 2012, just listen up.

Ask Christ to create a quiet spot in your soul where just the two of you
can
meet, and talk, and rest as you go about your days. Sure, reach for the
stars
and plan for the future if you wish, but ask Him to make His presence a
deeper reality as you go about life.

You can claim the same promise that the prophet Isaiah gave Israel during

some very difficult and noisy days of their own:

Your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your
Teacher. And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the
way,
walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.
Then
you will defile your carved idols overlaid with silver and your
gold-plated
metal images. You will scatter them as unclean things. You will say to
them,
"Be gone!" -Isaiah 30:20-22(ESV)

Where might this lead? I have no idea. But God does. If you are aware of
who
He is in you, and if you reflect on the truth of His Word and listen to
the
Spirit, all the details will work themselves out step-by-step.

Lord Jesus, I thank You that You are with me, that You are in me.
Resolutions might come in one year and go out the other. Open my ears this

year, so that
I can hear You and enjoy You at every junction, when You tell me to turn
right or left. Amen.

Listen to Pete, Jill & Stuart Briscoe on the
Telling the Truth broadcast
at OnePlace.com

SPECIAL OFFER

The Best from the Briscoes-Just for You!

Throughout 2011, many Telling the Truth broadcasts struck a chord with
listeners and helped them experience true Life in Christ. Six of the most
requested
broadcasts touched on such diverse topics as marriage, spiritual warfare,

difficult times and circumstances, relationships, and end times.
Called the
The Best of 2011,
these messages all share a singular, amazing truth: real life and lasting

hope is available to anyone through Christ! And they're our gift to thank

you
for your donation to help
Telling the Truth
end 2011 strong and ready to embrace each opportunity to help more people

experience Life in Christ in the new year.

Request your copy today!

Donate online or call 800.889.5388 (0800.652.4120 UK).
Donate Now

You may also like:

THIS WEEK
Tu Devocional Más de la Vida
Reflexíon de la semana con Jorge Cota

Click to read online >>
----

THIS WEEK
Preaching Daily
Resources by pastors for pastors from Preaching.com

Click to read online >>
----

----

Free eBook Offer from CUFI!
----

Give Orphans Shoes this Christmas
----

Free DVD- Magdalena: Through Her Eyes
----

Private Christian Education
----

Free Book about Christian Persecution
----
Featured Video
Ministry from
LightSource.com

David G. Evans
OnPointe
See more ministry videos at LightSource.com

Today on Christianity.com

----

Send a FREE Ecard

More Ecards

2012

Happy New Year

Happy New Year

New Year Greeting

table end

Read about Salem Web Network

Send us your Feedback

© 2011 Salem Web Network. All rights reserved.
111 Virginia Street, Suite 500
Richmond, VA 23219

Salem Web Network website properties include:
list of 11 items
. Crosswalk.com
. OnePlace.com
. LightSource.com
. CrossCards.com
. Christianity.com
. BibleStudyTools.com
. ChristianCollege.com
. GodTube.com
. GospelTube.com
. Jesus.org
. TheFish.com
list end

Dean Masters, owner of the Masters List

"I would rather walk in the dark with Jesus than to walk in the light on
my
own."
Wayne Watson