[Faith-talk] Reflections for 2-27-2011

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Sun Feb 27 18:30:58 UTC 2011

A couple of weeks ago, I posted the lyrics to "Jesus Use Me," byJack
Campbell. Brother Campbell was the one that led me to the Lord, when I
was 4 years old. He had written many other songs, (too numerous to be
named here.) I just want to give you another one of my favorites. The
story behind this one is as follows. Jack was at home reading the
newspaper, when he found the story of a little boy drowning in a
ditch, in Gidian, Missouri, (Jack's hometown.) That news story
inspired him to write this song for the family, and has been recorded
by artists such as the Speer Family, The Freemans, and a local singer
in Arkansas, (who is also visually impaired,) Ronnie Smart.
"The Next Step" Copyright, 1968, Jack Campbell
Vs: 1. Why worry about tomorrow?
Why worry, when your steps are slow?
If your life has been spent for Jesus
you don't have much further to go.
Vs: 2. Be strong
and keep on going.
Don't be angry
when things go wrong.
Don't give up now,
for it's almost over.
All the signs are pointing toward home.
Chorus: The next hand you shake
may be the hand of the Savior.
The next step you take
may be on streets of purest gold.
Your next meal
could be the marriage supper,
and the next touch you feel,
he could be blessing your soul.
I hope, (as always,) that these songs are a blessing to you. Please
respond to these, and let me know if you like what I'm doing here.
Blessings, Joshua