[Faith-talk] There is now neither male nor female, but all are one in Christ Jesus.

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Sat Jan 8 08:04:41 UTC 2011

Our understanding of these words has improved over time. The Bible is
full of sexism, but we have come to realize that this is a reflection of
the culture in which it was written. That said, I agree that gender
references shouldn't be changed. This often distorts the meaning and
reflects our own cultural bias.

The KJV is good in most places, once you get used to the language.
However, it does contain a lot of errors. Modern translations are based
on much better texts in the original languages and have gotten rid of
most of the errors.

Prayers and blessings,
John

--