[Faith-talk] Drive

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:06:54 UTC 2011

Yes, people, yes, yes: thank you for praying for me.  Right now, as I type
this message, I'm listening to Drive, by the Cars.  ThSe of you who know
tre song, it has some powerful words.  The second verse is the one who
speakes to me the strongest.

Who's gonna pick you up, when you fall?

The LRd Jesus Christ, and people!  The wNds you say to people make a
profound difference, whenever someone is happy, or whenever your is sad.
As you recall, my radio is severed because of a thug who had a bad day.
What did I do?  I tried to encourage this person, then I told him some
practical advice: You need to listen to your brothers and sisters, and show
compassion.  But as a thug, he was not interested in showing compassion.
Satan is the same way.  You cannot encourage Him.  You can only cast His
demons out!

Who's gonna hang it up, when you call?  You!  As the spiritual says:
Jesus is on the main line; tell Him what you want.

Who's gonna pay attention, to your dreams?  Again!  The Lord, Jesus
Christ!  Call Him and He will answer.  This is why we pray.

And who's gonna plug your ears, when you scream?  You!  If I resisted the
temptation of fighting back against the thug yesterday, I would be in
hospital, (so he was trying to put me there, but he doesn't know I am not
helpless!)

So I ask you, brothers: Who's gonna drive you home, to Heaven, forever?

Eric
.. ..  Eric from Los Angeles with the baseball list: eric at pmpmail.com.
Also on Facebook