[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Become Informed! - Pastor John Hagee

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:32:43 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Become Informed! - Pastor John Hagee
Date:
Mon, 11 Jul 2011 07:48:07 -0400

Become Informed!

(Romans 8:31) - "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for
us, who can be against us?"

----

"It is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the Providence of Almighty
God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and to humbly
implore His protection and favor."

-George Washington
October 3, 1789

Proclaiming a National Day of Prayer and Thanksgiving We have no right to
complain about something we have the ability to change. The gospel holds
the transforming power of change. In a teaching by John Maxwell, he stated,
"The problem with the church today is they don't want miracles, they want
magic." He makes a very real observation: while Christians complain about
wanting to change our government-hoping that abortion will become illegal
and crossing their fingers, eager to see homosexual marriage banned-we
actually do nothing to see those dreams become reality. We must not
discount the supernatural power of God for one moment; the miracle-working
power of God has never ceased. We nee to let His supernatural power flow
from the Church into our world. "If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Those who prefer to feel inadequate and choose to believe that one person
cannot change anything are truly mistaken. Numerous times throughout
history the power of one person has changed the masses. Biblically
speaking, Esther just one woman, saved the Jewish people from annihilation.
A more modern example is Rosa Parks; her one action, refusing to move to
the back of a bus, ignited the civil rights movement and changed our nation
forever.

John Maxwell points out that when a problem is recognized by a few, and
those few sacrifice to rectify that problem-regardless of the cost-that is
when a miracle happens. This is what has changed this nation for the
bettering in the past, and this is what is required in order to incite
change in this nation for the future. We cannot hope that lawmakers do what
is right or pray that activist judges have a change of heart. Without "we
the people" fulfilling our role in government, the Constitution is nothing
more than an antiquated mission statement penned over two hundred years
ago.

The Constitution is not mere paper from antiquity only meant to be seen
in museums or read about in history books. It is an active, dynamic
document that is as applicable now as it was in its genesis. The same way
we reference the Bible in search of our political freedoms. If we do not
use our freedom to defend our freedom, we will lose our freedom.

Only enjoying fellowship with like-minded believers does not change the
lives of the lost. New relationships must be forged. Jesus' answer to this
situation is expressed in the book of Luke. He was criticized for
associating with the sinner, but that did not stop Him. He came 'to seek
and to save" those who were lost. Unfortunately, many Christians have
translated the admonition "to be in the world, but not of it" to mean total
and utter separation from the world. Christians isolate themselves-hoping
that the problems in our government and society will disappear. At best,
some are willing to pray about issues, but not willing to tackle them
head-on and get involved. That is not to undermine the power of prayer;
rather it is being faithful to Biblical principles. God is not going to zap
all of our problems away when we pray; he expects us to get busy and change
the things we can change.