[Faith-talk] FW: [tbcf] Living By Grace - Devotional for June 5, 2011

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:21:54 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "Stephanie Mathews" <smathews at hctc.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [tbcf] Living By Grace - Devotional for June 5, 2011
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2011 15:05:48 -0500

   Devotional for week of June 5, 2011

Living By Grace

FRUITFUL, FRESH AND FLOURISHING IN OLD AGE

The righteous . shall still bear fruit in old age; They shall be fresh
and flourishing, To declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and
there is no unrighteousness in Him.  Psalm 92:12-15

In old age, the righteous will be fruitful, fresh and flourishing. They
will be witnessing for the Lord declaring that the Lord is upright, their
rock, and that there is no unrighteousness in him.

The righteous in old age, then, will be blessed in unusual ways and will
be a blessing to others.

This is not to say that all righteous people will reach old age. It is
common knowledge that God has brought home to Himself many righteous ones
who never reached old age.

Most people who are righteous in old age entered the life of
righteousness at a younger age. That is not to say that a person who has
received Jesus as Lord and Savior in old age cannot enter a life of
righteousness. Romans 5:17 says:

For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more
those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will
reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

Notice the word "receive" in this verse. It means to continue to receive.
That means that we become righteous by continuing to receive the gift of
righteousness. So, how do we do that?

We continue to receive righteousness when we continue to live out our
oneness with Christ according to Romans 6:11-13. Those who continue to
receive the gift of righteousness in old age will be fresh, flourishing and
fruitful. They will continue witnessing about the Lord.

The Five Commands

1  Believe              Romans 6:11            Reckon (believe)
yourselves to be dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2  Choose              Romans 6:12            Do not let sin reign in
your mortal body that you should obey it in its lust.

3  Choose              Romans 6:13a          Do not present your members
(body) as instruments of  unrighteousness to sin.

4  Choose & Believe  Romans 6:13b    Present yourselves to God as being
alive from the dead.

5  Choose              Romans 6:13c          (Present) your members
(body) as instruments of righteousness to God.

Visit our web site at www.livingbygrace.org.

Copyright © 2000-2005 David Kuykendall Ministries.