[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: Don't Worry, Be Happy by Dr Savelle

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:35:52 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional:  Don't
Worry, Be Happy by Dr Savelle
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2011 03:25:46 -0500

 Don't Worry, Be Happy
by Dr Jerry Savelle
Verse(s): Psalms 144:15

Today's Confession: "When I focus on what God's done for me and how He
protects me, I don't have to worry about my life. I can be happy just
spending time with Him."

I was invited to a ministerial conference a few years ago, and the
committee, who was in charge of this conference, told me what they wanted
me to preach, which is something I don't normally agree to. But when they
told me the subject they wanted me to discuss, I thought it was good. The
letter read "Please, Brother Jerry, explain to us this strange phenomenon
in the church. People are happy again. This joy, this laughter that is
breaking out; what meaneth this?"

I was delighted to teach on that subject. My opening remarks in that
meeting were, "You think it is strange that the church has joy. I think it
is strange when the church has no joy. You think it is strange when people
are laughing. I think it is strange when God's people are not. My Bible
says, ". . . happy is that people, . . . whose God is the Lord" - Psalm
144:15. We ought to be the happiest people on the planet. You think it is
strange when all of a sudden in the middle of a service, laughter breaks
out. I don't think it is strange: I think it is the norm when the Holy
Ghost is moving and reviving His people. This is a time of refreshing, but
you have got to get into it. You can't just sit back and wait for it. You
have got to thrust yourself into it, cast all caution to the wind and go
for it."

Even in the midst of trials, tribulations, pressure and attacks, perhaps
like you have never experienced before, you are a candidate for a
refreshing.

Joy is a sign that God is in the house. Joy is a sign that new life is
coming to you. Joy is a sign that a breakthrough is on the horizon.

". . . weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning" -
Psalm 30:5.

You may have had your nights of weeping, nights of sorrow, nights of
pressure and discouragement, but thank God, joy comes in the morning. It is
time to go all out for God and refuse to allow the devil to rob you of this
wonderful visitation of the Lord. God wants to give you new life.

Are you ready for a breakthrough in your life?

"O give thanks unto the Lord; . . .sing unto him, sing psalms unto him:
talk ye of all his wondrous works. He hath remembered his covenant for
ever, the word which he commanded to a thousand generations. And he brought
forth his people with joy, and his chosen with gladness"

- Psalm 105:1, 2, 8 and 43.

Joy and gladness are signs of restoration; signs of new life. That is
what God was doing when He brought the people out of Egypt. He brought them
out with a strong hand. He brought them out with joy and gladness.

"He brought them forth also with silver and gold . . ." - Psalm 105:37.

Notice He not only gave them new life, but He restored to them what was
rightfully theirs. They experienced a refreshing and a reviving but also
recovery. You are headed for recovery.

http://sisbeejay.wordpress.com