[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Your Words Are Containers - Dr. Larry Ollison

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Jun 7 16:48:37 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "TONY - Family of Faith" <familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Your Words Are Containers - Dr. Larry Ollison
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 06:23:43 -0400

      Your Words Are Containers

      by Dr. Larry Ollison

      Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the
tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." What we say is very
important. According to the Bible, God's Word, we see that death and life
are in the power of the tongue. But what does that mean?

      Well, what it means is this. Words, your words, are containers.
They can contain faith or they can contain doubt. What you say today is not
only important to you, but can affect the world for years to come. Your
words are important.

      Proverbs 6:2 says we are snared by the words of our mouth and we
are taken by the words of our mouth.

      Now, here is a spiritual law. God is a faith God and He releases
His faith in words. In the beginning God spoke and the universe was formed.
In Genesis 1:3 God said, "Let there be light" and there was light. And
throughout the creation until now God has spoken and whatever He spoke came
to pass.

      When Jesus was here on the earth, the Bible tells us that He spoke
to the winds and sea and they obeyed Him. He didn't act fearful. He didn't
panic. He simply spoke to the wind and sea and said, "Be still!" He
believed what He said would come to pass. He knew His authority and He
spoke in faith. What He said happened.

      If you read all of this story in Mark chapter 4, you will see that
immediately after the sea calmed down, Jesus spoke to His disciples who
were in the boat with Him. It's very interesting what He said. He said,
"Why are you so fearful. How is it that you have no faith?"

      How much plainer can the scriptures be? It took faith to calm the
sea - not fear, but faith! The disciples were fearful. But when Jesus came
on the scene and He commanded the wind and the sea (and faith was present),
the miracle happened.

      Ephesians 5:1 tells us to be imitators of God as children imitate
their parents. As Christians we are to be Christ-like. We are to make Jesus
our example. What He did, we are to do. We are to live as He lived.

      He walked in faith and we are to walk in faith. When Jesus spoke,
the sick were healed. When Jesus spoke, demons were cast out. When Jesus
spoke, Satan had to leave. When Jesus spoke, the winds were calmed. When
Jesus spoke, the power of God was in His words. And that's the way we are
to be.

      Speak the Word and the will of God the Father and what we speak
will come to pass. Not because we are commanding God, but because we are
speaking His promises, not our will. We are only repeating what God has
already said. And when God speaks, it comes to pass.

      If our words contain either faith or doubt, and if it is impossible
to please God without faith (and according to Hebrews 11:6 it is
impossible), then when we speak, what should we speak? Well, the answer is
this. We are to speak words of faith. By speaking faith words, we are
speaking the Word and will of God.

      So today, do this. Listen to yourself. Listen to what you say. Are
you speaking faith and agreeing with God? Are you speaking His promises or
are you speaking the problem? When you speak the problem, you're agreeing
with Satan. Agreeing with God is better.

      All rights reserved. Used by permission.
      This article may be reproduced for teaching purposes but not for
commercial resale
      When writing about this devotional, refer to devotional #0049
      Larry Ollison Ministries PO Box 880, Osage Beach, MO 65065 USA

      Prayerfully consider becoming a partner with us. click here

      To order books, CD's and DVD's by Larry Ollison, click here

      Our records indicate we have your permission to send email to the
following address: familyoffaith at tampabay.rr.com

      Larry Ollison Ministries never sells, rents, or shares your email
address.