[Faith-talk] inaccessible church Websites

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Tue Mar 22 04:56:55 UTC 2011

Hi, it's Joshua Lester. My denomination's Website's church locater
page is inaccessivle. Go to www.upci.org, click on church locater, go
to "search by zip," "search by city," and "search by pastor."
On thos links, you type in your zip code, your city, or a pastor's
last name, and it will tell you what you need to know about a church
in your community. The problem though, is that they have put captcha
on the site. There's an audio file that says, "speak the captcha," but
the file won't work. I've E-mailed them about this, but they don't
seem to be doing anything. What am I to do? Also, are there any other
Websites for denominations that have the same inaccessibility problem?
If so, I think this is a great oppritunity for the Communities of
Faith to step in and work together for accessibility on all church
Websites. Thanks for your help. Blessings, Joshua