[Faith-talk] My Take

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sun May 1 02:54:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Well, you all have been busy the last few days. I've had the computer
off since Tuesday night, and I turned it on this afternoon to find
all your posts.

Now, let me say from the get-go that I'm an Independent Baptist, and
am in a church where we use only the KJV during our worship services.
According to the Bible, the heart is deceitful, and desperately
wicked (Jeremiah 17:9), and our rightiousness is as filthy rags
(Isaiah 64:6 I think). So, none of us is good enough to make it to
heaven. Only by the grace of God through Jesus Christ, the one and
only Mediator between God and man, can we become heirs with Christ.
Ephesians tells us, For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that
not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man
should boast. When Christ lives in us, we want to do good works; but
our works won't do anything to earn us a place in heaven.  If
everyone was guaranteed a place, there would be no need for a
Saviour, and His sacrifice would be cheapened.

In the Old Testament, there were many who were the type of Christ,
but they were under the law, and had to sacrifice a lamb, or whatever
they could afford, such as a dove or pigeon. Christ became that Lamb,
and paid the price for our sin. Most people will not be in heaven;
narrow is the way, and few there are who walk in it.

We are not to judge others, but we can know many things about them if
we know our Bibles, and compare ourselves and others to what our Lord
has given us--His example in Christ. There is none righteous, no, not one.

Just as there are many different Christian churches, there are many
different degrees of Muslem, and so forth. Only about one-third of
the Muslems are radical Muslems, those who will do what they believe
they must to irradicate infidels from off the face of the earth. They
believe that they will rule, and the infedels are Christians and
Jews; therefore, they want to wipe Israel (the little Satan) and the
United States (the big Satan) off the map. Also, the Koran keeps
changing, and not all English translations are what the Arabic really
says. Pay attention to the news, and you will understand more. And,
read the book I suggested.

There is much more that I could say, but I'll stop with this: this
list is for the discussion of faith, but please take care not to
argue with each other. And, please change the subject lines! Smile.

Blessings,

Linda