[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] The secret of peace by Mary Padgett

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed May 4 18:43:37 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] The secret of peace by Mary Padgett
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2011 12:57:27 -0400

THE SECRET OF PEACE

Scripture: Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious about nothing."

The Word of God gives us clear instructions about keeping our hearts and
minds at peace. It tells us that if we would pray about everything that
the
peace of God would prevail in our lives (Vs. 6-7). The secret of peace is
having faith in a faithful God, yet we find this difficult at times. It
seems that we can exercise more faith in the natural things than in the
Almighty God who created them. For example, we place more faith in the
postal system than we do in our own prayers to God. We mail precious
documents, checks, and sometimes even cash with great faith. We put these
items in a paper envelope, which is not very secure and place a stamp on
the
outside that is worth only a few cents. We then put the envelope in the
mail
and totally commit our unguarded letter to the postal service. It may
change
hands hundreds of times as it travels thousands of miles across the
nation
or around the world. Yet, rarely do we consider that it may not arrive at
its destination still intact. We have used the system so often that we
assume that it will not fail.

God wants us to develop this same kind of faith in Him and to know that
He
hears and answers our prayers. We must come to the understanding that
even
though prayer is a mighty force, it is still as simple as mailing a
letter.
When the requirements are met and the prayer is released, we can expect
it
to reach its destination and bring results. It may take some time as God
works on our behalf, but we are not to give up or to think that He never
received our petition. God set up this system called prayer and He is well
able to oversee it. We just need to believe that God hears us when we pray
and that prayer brings results.

When we pray, we must exercise faith for our necessities and believe that
we
will be delivered from every adverse situation. We are to cast every care
upon the Lord, once and for all, and expect Him to answer. A peace that
passes all understanding will come to us when we make our request known
unto
God because when we share with Him, He becomes our partner. He truly does
care for us and we are not to be anxious about anything. Worry is
forbidden
by our Loving Heavenly Father and reaps no benefits, but a prayer spoken
Him in faith brings results and ushers in peace. +++

Have a blessed day,

Donna K
*Copyright © 2010 Mary Padgett Ministries. All Rights Reserved
www.widsonline.com*

--
*Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable
in