[Faith-talk] FW: My Inspiration On The Bible--Worry--Read: Mathew 6:25-34

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon May 16 16:06:10 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Jacqueline Dugas <Jacqueline at mon-acadie.net>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: My Inspiration On The Bible--Worry--Read: Mathew 6:25-34
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 11:00:20 -0400

My Inspiration On The Bible---Worry--Read: Mathew 6:25-34.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby Worries

I have discovered that 90 percent of the things I've worried about never
came to pass. And when what I had feared did occur. God's grace was
always sufficient.

Then why worry? It is the silliest thing in the world for a Christian.
This does not mean that we should thoughtlessly rush ahead of life.
There is a big difference between foolishness worry and wise, thoughtful
preparation for the future. To eliminate worry, we must face the coming
problems and responsibilities with faith, trusting God for His Grace and
provision.

Some people fuss over their troubles the way mothers pamper their
babies. They cuddle them, rock them, hug them, cry over them, and hold
tightly if you try to take them away. Such people want you to fret with
them and to support their belief that they have been treated worse than
anybody else. Their preoccupation with worries usually makes them
selfish. They think more of their own little troubles than they do of
all the world beside.

Are you troubled by fears and worries as you face today and think of
tomorrow? Instead of feeding them, turn your concerns over to God.
Psalms 55:22 tells us, " Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall
sustain you." B*elieve it, and worry will lose its grip on your heart.
...MRD

Poem by Cowper:
You fearful saints, fresh courage take;
The clouds you so much dread