[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Get to the point by Joyce Meyer

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon May 16 16:33:46 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Get to the point by Joyce Meyer
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2011 12:31:48 -0400

Get to the Point by Joyce Meyer - posted May 16, 2011

*He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in
trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.*
-Psalm 91:15

I recall a time during my journey with God when He challenged me to make
an
effort to ask Him for what I wanted and needed in as few words as
possible.
I had a bad habit of talking too much when I prayed. I would go on and on
because I had the mistaken idea that short prayers were not good prayers.
Of
course, long prayers are good prayers, too, if they are sincere and
necessary.

When God challenged me to make my requests of Him in as few words as
possible, He simply asked me to be concise and to-the-point and then wait
on
Him for a little while before going to the next thing I needed to pray
about. When I did, I could not believe the increased power that came to my
prayer life.

To this day, when I pray that way, I sense more of the Holy Spirit's
power
and presence than I do if I go on and on and on and on. I have learned
that
some of the most powerful, effective prayers I can pray are things like,
"Thank You, Lord," "Oh, God, I need Your wisdom," "Give me strength to
keep
going, Lord," or "I love You, Jesus." And perhaps the most powerful of
all:

See? Just a few words will connect us with heaven as we call upon the
Lord
to act on our behalf. It is not the length of our prayers that makes them
effective, but the sincerity and faith behind them.

God's word for you today: Quality always beats quantity, even in prayer.

[image: signature_1.gif]

--
*Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable
in