[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Possess your promised land. by Gloria Copeland

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat May 21 22:57:28 UTC 2011

faith-talk at nfbnt.org

Original Message:
From: Donna Kiser <kiserdonna5 at gmail.com>
To: URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] Possess your promised land. by Gloria
Copeland
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 15:48:13 -0400

*May 21 - Possess Your Promised Land*

*"When ye are passed over Jordan into the land of Canaan; Then ye shall
drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you...and dwell
therein: for I have given you the land to possess it."
(Numbers 33:51-53)*
------------------------------

*Dear Donna,
*
God has given you a Promised Land. It's a place flowing with milk and
honey,
where your every need can be met. A place where you can keep sin
underfoot
as you rule and reign with Christ. A place where no weapon formed against
you will prosper. A place where you are seated with Christ in heavenly
places, far above principalities and powers--far from oppression.

As you study the Word of God, you'll find that's an accurate description
of
the kind of victory you should be experiencing in Christ--not in the
sweet
by-and-by--but right here, right now.

You may say, "Yes, that sounds nice in theory, but I'm dealing with
reality
here. The rent is due, and all I see is sickness, oppression and fear.
This
doesn't look like much of a Promised Land to me."

Are you still letting the devil live there? He's not just going to pack
up
and go home, you know, just because God has promised you victory. You
have
to kick him out.

But don't let that scare you. God has given you the power to do it.
Remember
what Jesus said? He said, "Behold, I give unto you power to tread on
serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing
shall by any means hurt you" (Luke 10:19).

What's more, the devil is totally unarmed! Colossians 2:15 says, "[God]
disarmed the principalities and powers ranged against us and made a bold
display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in...[the
cross]" (The Amplified Bible). You have absolutely no reason to cower
before
the devil. Jesus defeated and disarmed him through His death, burial and
resurrection. The devil can't defeat you unless you let him. All he can do
is make empty threats.

But beware! Empty threats can stop you cold if you believe them. So
don't.
Believe the Word of God instead. Use the Word and the Name of Jesus to
drive
the devil out of every last detail of your life.

Don't let him dwell in your territory. Force him to pack up and go home.
Start possessing your Promised Land!

*Scripture Study:  Mark 16:17-18; James 5:7-9*

*[image: stop.gif]
*

--
*Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable
in