[Faith-talk] FW: [ChristianChit-Chat] Fw: What is Outside His Control?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun May 22 03:40:22 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "jakespod at gmail.com" <jakespod at gmail.com>
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: [ChristianChit-Chat] Fw: What is Outside His Control?
Date:
Sat, 21 May 2011 11:38:13 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

What is Outside His Control?

BIBLE MEDITATION:

?And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the
glory of God the Father.? Philippians 2:11

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:

The fourth and fifth chapters of Mark give us marvelous illustrations of
all
the things God has placed under the authority of our Lord Jesus. You?ll
find
Jesus stilling the storm (vv. 4:35-41); He is the Master over disaster.
You?ll find Him healing a demon-possessed man (vv. 5:1-20); He has
authority
over demons. Next, Jesus heals a woman who had been bleeding for twelve
years; even disease is under His domain (vv. 5:24-34). Finally in these
chapters He raised Jairus? daughter from the dead; Jesus has authority
over
death (vv. 5:38-43).

Whatever befall?disaster, demons, disease, or even death, ?Jesus Christ
is
Lord!

ACTION POINT:

?These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might
which
He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated
Him
at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all rule and
authority
and power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this
age
but also in the one to come. And He [the Father] put all things in
subjection under His [Jesus?] feet, and gave Him as head over all things
the church? (Ephesians 1:19b-22 NASV).  Friend, meditate upon this
passage
and rest in Him today, for He has it all under His control.

Pass This On To a Friend | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible online

I believe salvation is attained by grace through faith. That?s not
Baptist
rhetoric. That?s Biblical doctrine. But do you know what some people do
with
that?

They say, ?Hot dog! I don?t have to do a thing to be saved. I can just
get
in the top berth of a Pullman car and glide along until we pull into the
New
Jerusalem.? You know, just catch the next sleeper car to glory.

These people don?t like the idea that as Christians we are all going to
stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. And we are all going to give an
account for how we used our time, our resources, and our faith.

We are not saved by works, but we are rewarded by works. ?For we are His
workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath
before
ordained that we should walk in them.? Ephesians 2:10

 Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.

© 2011 Love Worth Finding Ministries | PO Box 38300 - Memphis, TN
38183-0300

In an effort to improve our response at LWF, we will no longer reply from
this particular email address. Instead, if you would like to send a
comment,
challenge, prayer or praise, please visit www.lwf.org and at the bottom
of
the home page there are email addresses provided for your particular
need.
And may God continue to strengthen and encourage you by the Love Worth
Finding devotions.

Unsubscribe from this email | lwf.org/privacy | lwf.org/FAQ