[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: [New post] Is This The Day Of The False Teacher and The False Prophet?

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun May 22 05:34:37 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional:  [New post]
Is This The Day Of The False Teacher and The False Prophet?
Date:
Sun, 22 May 2011 00:25:00 -0500

        Is This The Day Of The False Teacher and The False Prophet?
      sisbeejay | May 22, 2011 at 5:22 am | Categories: Uncategorized |

Has anyone ever noticed that those announcing themselves as Prophets are
usually mean, angry people, who always find fault with the church first and
foremost? I received an e-mail from such a person today, saying that the
church was in sin and needed to repent before all the natural disasters
could cease. Then he quoted 2 Chronicles 7:14.

Ok, I thought that's cool! Maybe some in the church do need to repent.
But then I thought again and other scriptures popped up into my head, such
as Romans 8:22, and then I realized that sin in the earth is what's causing
the earth to travail. We live in a fallen world and the earth is tired and
worn out from all the sin in it. These things must happen before the Lord
comes back and no amount of praying will stop it from happening because the
Lord has already prophesied that it will and must happen. But us Christians
are told not to fear but to look up because our redemption draws near( Luke
21:28).

Nevertheless, I was sort of going along with his ideas until he stated
that we needed to fast and pray and collaborate or join ourselves together
with Jews, Hindus and Muslims in prayer. I knew that didn't sound right
because those are heathen religions and true Christianity can never be
mixed or joined in with other religions. In fact, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16
speaks about not being unequally yoked.

The Bible warns us over and over to beware of false teachers and false
prophets. This is especially relevant to today's world, because with all
the terrible things happening in the world today, there will also arise
those who think that they are to give the church direction. But this can be
a ploy of the devil also to use many carnally-minded persons who want to
gain attention and power for themselves. They will use any means possible
in order to do so. The most common ways that they do it is by saying that
they had a dream or that God gave them a vision or that they have some
secret knowledge that no one else has. They will prey on the weak and
ignorant.

Even the Bible says that if it were possible, even the very elect would
be deceived. False prophets and false teachers sound almost convincing,
except that they have bad fruits. I believe that those fruits are the ones
mentioned in Galatians 5: 18-21. Anger and jealousy seem to be the
predominant characteristics of false prophets especially. They are quick to
use witchcraft and throw curses at anyone who opposes them. They love to
see church leaders and those in leadership suffer and they rejoice whenever
they hear that a church leader has died or fallen into a sinful life style.
They worm themselves into leadership of churches so that they will have an
influence on the pastors and elders and in many cases, they are in
leadership themselves.

I felt that I needed to expose the unfruitful works of darkness here
because the word of God commands us to do so. Ask yourselves first of all,
is this person who is claiming to be a teacher or a prophet trying to
control me with fear? Am I being edified and exhorted and comforted( 1
Corinthians 14:3)? Does this person come to me in anger and lacking love?
Is this person scriptural or twisting the true word of God?

Anyone who has truly met Jesus Christ and who serves Him will have these
fruits dominating his life: love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness,
goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. God is love. God is extremely
gracious. God does not hate mankind and He is not beating up on His body.
He is not angry. His anger was satisfied when He put all of it on Jesus for
our sakes. Jesus did not come to condemn us but to save us. In fact,
christians are told to encourage one another daily and even more so as we
see the day of the Lord's return approaching. We are to love one another.

Beloved, be not troubled by those who want to pull you out of faith and
put you in fear.

Scriptural References:

2 Peter 2:1
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall
be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies,
even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift
destruction.

1 John 4:1
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are
of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Matthew 7:16
Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or
figs of thistles?

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather
reprove them.

Add a comment to this post

        WordPress.com | Thanks for flying with WordPress!
      Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe | Publish text, photos, music,
and videos by email using our Post by Email feature.

http://subscribe.wordpress.com