[Faith-talk] audio Bibles

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 03:58:09 UTC 2011

Ashley and all, a portable Bible that many have recommended is something
called the BibleCourier available from the Lutheran Braille Evangelism
Association in White Bear Lake, Minnesota.  You can call them for prices and
versions at 651-426-0469 or go to their website at http://www.lbea.org.  As
to the New King James Version, it still retains some of the language of the
old KJV but with some modern renderings which make the meaning of some words
clearer.  For instance the word "prevent" actually means precede, and there
are other similar modifications.  But all pronouns referring to God, The
Father, Son and Holy Spirit are capitalized as in the KJV for two main
reasons, one to show respect to our Almighty God and also to clarify their
meaning which could be made more confusing without the capital letters.  In
Braille it's available from Braille Bibles International
(http://www.braillebibles.org.  It is also available from Bible Gateway and,
I believe, even a BibleCourier version of the nKJV is available.  Hope that
helps.  Paul