[Faith-talk] Rick Warren Books

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 18 01:47:42 UTC 2011

I would not recommend them, if you are a
Christian who wants to stick with the Bible. He
has some very ecumenical ideas, and the Bible
says that Christians should be separate from the
world. He uses many passages from a paraphrase of
the Bible, rather than a translation. And, why
should we be purpose-driven? We should be in
God's will, and that does not drive!

We studied The Purpose-Driven Life in the church
I attended in Wisconsin before moving here to
Nebraska. I purchased it on CD, and wished I
hadn't; but I needed it for Sunday School. I left
it there! So, yes, read them before you buy them.
Of course, if you read them from BARD, you can
keep them if you want. I was uncomfortable with a
lot of his teachings and approaches. That wass
over 7 years ago now, so I don't remember what
particularly. I'm conservative and
"old-fashioned", and I didn't like his modern ways.

Just my two cents.

Blessings,

Linda