[Faith-talk] FW: FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Charles Stanley's Devotional for November 18, 2011

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Nov 18 20:33:42 UTC 2011

One more for this round;

Original Message:
From: "Eric Calhoun" <eric at pmpmail.com>
To: faith-talk at nfbnfbnet.org
Subject: FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Charles Stanley's Devotional for November
18, 2011
Date:
11/18/2011 2:33:05 PM

One more for this round;

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Charles Stanley's Devotional for November 18,
2011
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 08:02:10 -0500

                  November 18, 2011
                  Can Your Conscience Be Your Guide?
                  Romans 2:14-16

                  Every human being is born with a marvelous gift from
God-a conscience. Since its warnings cause discomfort, you perhaps have
never thought of this "alarm system" as a blessing. But our benefit and
protection were what the Lord had in mind for this internal witness to our
moral conduct. By listening to its promptings, we are guarded from making
sinful choices that could ruin our lives.

                  But can you rely on your conscience to be your guide
for all decisions? Before we can answer that question, we must understand
what God designed it to do. The conscience was not given primarily as a
positive force to guide but as an alarm system to warn and protect us from
sin.

                  However, many of our choices are not moral issues, so
we need an even more reliable source for direction.

                  That's why the Lord has provided believers with the
Holy Spirit, who accurately leads us in any kind of decision we must make.
He not only works through the conscience to make us aware of sin, but He
also helps us choose between good and best. As we listen to His voice and
heed His warnings, He purifies and sharpens our conscience so that it
aligns more precisely with the Word and will of God.

                  One problem is that the conscience has the capacity to
be shaped by our responses-we can damage its dependability by rejecting or
ignoring its promptings. Then sins that should bother us won't register.
But heeding its warnings make it sharper and more sensitive, protecting us
even more effectively.

-
---

                  Devotional Archives | In Touch Ministries