[Faith-talk] Thursday's Quotes

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:21:30 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all.  Before I begin today's quotes, let me add my two cents worth in wishing you all, individually and collectively, a happy, safe and holy Thanksgiving Day celebration.  Don't eat too much food for two reasons.  One because it will put on weight and, in addition, make your physical hearts work that much more, and two you will have leftovers if you prepared a large meal and perhaps you won't have too many guests, thus saving money and a trip to the grocery store.  Although probably not seasonal, here are today's thought-provoking pearls of wisdom for your consideration.

Christ was broken for us to comfort the broken among us.

At the heart of all conflict is a selfish heart.

Nothing is more attractive than being like Jesus.

If you doubt that God cares, remember His tears.

Hymns are the incense of a worshiping soul praising God!

A passion for Jesus should become a passion for telling others about Jesus.

God pursues us in our restlessness, receives us in our sinfulness and holds us in our brokenness.

May our lives be a "show and tell" for God's glory.

Ground filled with the roots of bitterness needs to be plowed by the grace of God.

A well-worn Bible is the sign of a well-fed soul.

And there you have it for today.  Until tomorrow when, Lord willing more quotes will be presented, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.