[Faith-talk] First of Two Christian Audio Chat Sites of Interest

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:46:47 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all.  May I be so bold as to change the topic? I hope you, or some of you, agree.

For a little over 2 and 1/2 years the undersigned has been a part of a Christian audio chat site and attendant email lists under the general umbrella of something called Seasons of Refreshing.  Led by the Lord to found this group in September 2005 by Pastor Karolyn Phillips of Guthrie, OK, it consists of one chatroom and several attendant email lists.  The site's name is based on Acts 3:19 where it states that there will come seasons of refreshing in the presence of the Lord.  We used the Talking Communities client, if you're familiar with that, so obviously a soundcard and working microphone are essential for voice chat.  Currently their major ministries take place on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from noon to 2 p.m. eastern time with Pastor Phillips' teaching and, in her absence, one other member may play a prerecorded sermon, primarily by Charles Stanley, although in the past they have used other outstanding Christian leaders.  On Friday evening from 7-9 p.m. eastern time we have something called Sonshine (note the spelling) and Song, which was originated by the late Cathy Dobson of New Zealand, in which we showcase songs from our favorite recording artists, played in the Seasons chatroom.  Saturday afternoon from 2-3 p.m. eastern time is an hour for prayer presided over by Karolyn's husband Terry.

Overall it's a great place for members to come in and get acquainted with those who have been there for quite some time.  We are very informal in our approach to teaching, but certainly not to the Word of God.  It's a place where you can "be yourself." No form need be filled out to join, and it's free.  However you do need a username.

If what I've just written interests any of you, go to http://www.seasonsofrefreshing.net.  If you don't have the Talking Communities client you can download that from this website.  Will post info in a later message about the other Christian audio chat site.  Your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas