[Faith-talk] Bible Translations

Ryan Kwaak kwaakproductions at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 00:39:04 UTC 2011

Well the topic of good and bad Bible versions has come up, and I
believe it merits a new thread. As some of you might have guessed by
my Baptist roots, I hold to the Authorized King James version and
continue to use it exclusively. However, I used to believe that it was
the ONLY Word of God for the English-speaking population because that
was what my church teaches. Not only that, but to my knowledge the KJV
wasn't copyrighted by a nonprofit corporation with a vested economic
interest in its usage like the more modern versions. That was until I
did the research. Turns out, The KJV is public domain worldwide except
in Great Britain. The laws in force at that time pre-date any modern
copyright legislation, but the right to disseminate the KJV is
bestowed upon whomever the Sovereign wishes to grant it to, and today
that right is held by Cambridge University Press. Not only that, but
the KJV was written by Anglicans with an ulterior political agenda,
and nothing could go into the KJV that the king, as the
self-proclaimed spiritual authority in England, did not first approve.
However, I still hold to the KJV because it sparked a myriad of
old-time revivals and turned many a gambling drunkard into a
Christian. Although the newer versions may be easier to understand,
some of the corporations producing these newer Bibles tend to water
the message down and compromise the Word of God to be more politically
correct. A good new version that claims not to compromise the truth is
the New American Standard Bible, but old habits are hard to break, and
I for one will keep my KJV.

--
KWAAK PRODUCTIONS

PROFESSIONAL-QUALITY VOICE IMAGING AND AUDIO SERVICES.

Call (815) 315-9492) for a price quote.