[Faith-talk] A Second Audio Internet Chat Group of Possible Interest

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:27:04 UTC 2011

Hello and good day to you all.  Several days ago I posted information about Seasons of Refreshing, and now I'd like to devote equal time to the Interactive Christian Community or ICC.

This group was founded by Brother Tim Snyder of Mount Olive, NC in 2010, who was led of the Lord to start this group.  Many, if not all, of you may have heard of him in connection with Spoken Word Ministries Inc., founded in 1987.  Tim is an ordained Assemblies of God minister, though not pastoring a church.  Now a brief description of the ICC.

It consists of I think 13 audio chatrooms such as the Upper Room, Bible Study Room, Programs and Presentations, Urgent Prayer Closet etc.  Unlike Seasons of Refreshing, in order to join you must fill out a very brief profile on yourself and give a valid email address so that Brother Tim, after approval, can send you your username and password.

Now what are some of the participatory programs? Well, each day of the week from 8:30-9 a.m. eastern time there is corporate prayer in the Upper Room.  On Thursdays from 8-9:30 p.m. eastern time there's the "In the Word" Bible study presided over again by Brother Tim, currently going through the book of Matthew.  On Monday from 5-6:30 p.m. Curtis Martin of Woodbridge VA has something called the "All For God Worship Time." Want to learn a new Christian song or one that is old to some but new to others? Well, come into the Music Room at 1:30 p.m. eastern time for "Let's Sing a New Song" hosted by Kerry from British Columbia Canada, Diane from Ohio and Julie from Michigan.  And, if you join in time, you can possibly take part in a Bible marathon in which we as members either read live or present via an audio source portions of the Bible in two-hour blocks for each participant on or about January 1 of each year.

I can only speak for myself when I say that if you join either ICC or Seasons of Refreshing or both groups, that your faith will be strengthened, as will your prayer life.  Of course, the well known principle applies that the more you put into our God-led group the more you'll get out of it.  For Biblical corroboration of this see II Corinthians 9.

Now, to join ICC, go to http://www.iccsite.com.  Click on the "Join" link and wait for Brother Tim's reply to your email.  Of course, it goes without saying that you will need a soundcard and a working microphone.  Each member of this community will be eager to assist you wherever possible in your navigation of the various rooms.

I hope that this was of interest to some, if not all, of you.  Your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas