[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: Spies Among Us by Linda Neuman

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Wed Nov 30 04:58:03 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <URCTCPrayerGroup2 at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: Spies Among
Us by Linda Neuman
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:45:21 -0600

Spies Among Us

You know, we've been learning a lot lately about spiritual warfare and
changing our mindset into that of a soldier. In light of that fact, the
Lord has shown me an amazing, yet simple revelation I wanted to share with
all of you.

The Lord showed me that the enemy and his camp are limited in what they
are able to accomplish and rely heavily on military strategies to carry out
their assignments. Among the things principalities and powers cannot do is
read our minds or know our thoughts -- all the powers of darkness can do is
observe us, and based on our reactions, take further action themselves.

The image the Lord showed me is similar to a scene from Star Wars or any
science fiction movie or book. He showed me that enemy spies (demons) hover
around us in the spirit realm and their assignment is to observe and record
our reactions to the lies the enemy feeds us -- both in our words and in
our behavior, especially when we are alone. The information gathered is
then evaluated by the enemy camp and their strategies are changed,
strengthened or deemed successful.

There are some very practical reasons why the Word of God tells us to
watch what we say and not become reactionary to pressures in our lives. If
we show no fear, instead presenting ourselves prepared to go into battle
against the powers of darkness, they won't know if fear or turmoil existed
inside of us. They won't know we are on the brink of giving up over
something unless we show it, or do it, or say it. I think this is one of
the reasons why the Apostle Paul told us about the fruit of the Spirit,
with patience and self-control among that fruit. While self-control in the
face of great adversity can be almost impossible in the natural, we are
fortunate in that our strength comes from the Lord. As long as we remember
whose kids we are, we'll be fine.

That is not to say we should ignore our feelings and thoughts but rather
we are to take every thought captive and to always to pray in tongues to
the Lord over such things. In the natural, circumstances can look very bad,
but praise God, we don't live in the natural, we live in the spirit, and I
encourage all to continue reminding any problem, any lie of the enemy, any
opposition, of what the Word of God says. Actually, when we speak words of
healing and authority we are putting those very attacks under our feet, and
rubbing the enemy's nose in yet another defeat as his little demon spies
hovering around us are forced to give anything but a glowing report
concerning us back to demon command central. GLORY!!!
Have a Blessed day!

Linda Neuman

If you are not a member of URCTC, you really ought to be!
It's an awesome group. Prayers never stop being offered up there.