[Faith-talk] Halloween

Jeanette nettiecosp at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 05:12:12 UTC 2011

we never did Halloween when we homeschooled, we did other things with our
friends who did not celebrate the day for all kinds of reasons.  at one time
we would hold a praise and worship service at church then have a family tme
with fellowship and games.  as the kids got older my now ex husband who is
an atheist wanted them to celebrate halloween so they bagn to hand out candy
on the island we lived on.
we studied the origins of the day back when we homeschooled and my kids
understood the reasons why i did not like it.
 through the years as they have gotten older and gone to  public school they
have done some dressing up but have never attended any parties and have
never had anything to do with haunted houses or anything.
 i grew up celebrating halloween and it didn't harm me, my parents never
told me anything about it and we all grew up fine.
 i still do not like the holiday and have never handed out candy when home
by myself. i figure here in the apartments there are quite a few small
children so they will probably be coming around to the door. if so and the
kids are here i will let them hand out candy. jeanette