[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] When God says No - Girlfriends in God - October 13

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:33:50 UTC 2011

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] When God says No - Girlfriends in God -
October 13
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:18:19 -0400

           October 13, 2011

                                When God says No

                                Sharon Jaynes

                                Today's Truth

                                Trust in the LORD with all your heart and
do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and he will make your paths straight (Proverbs 3:5, 6, NASB).

                                Friend to Friend

                                Like any good parent, God's answers to
our requests are not always "yes."  When God says "no," we must accept the
fact that our Father knows best.

                                 In my own life, my desire was to have
three or four children. I conceived my first child with no problem. Little
did I know at the time that Steven would be my only child. For years my
husband and I prayed for more children. We traveled down the road of
infertility doctors, diagnostic procedures, and timed intimacy which is
anything but intimate. As hard as it was for me to accept, God said "no."

                                Do I understand God's decision
completely? No, I do not. But I've come to realize that He doesn't owe me
an explanation. God is God. He does what He pleases and I must trust Him.
When we can't see His hand, we must trust His heart. I so know this: "One
thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong,
and that you, O Lord, are loving," (Psalm 62: 11,12). God is strong - He
can do anything. God is loving - He will always do what is in our best
interest.

                                Have you ever considered that God said no
to His own Son, Jesus? Just before His arrest, Jesus prayed, "My Father, if
it is possible, may this cup be taken from me," (Matthew 26:39).  And yet,
God said "no."  Jesus went to the cross. God knew it was the only way. He
loves you and me that much.

                                We can be assured that if God does say
"no" to our requests, it is for the same reason - He loves you and me that
much.

                                Let's Pray

                                Dear Lord, I am so glad that You have not
answered "yes" to every one of my requests. When I think about what my life
would be like if You had given me everything I had ever asked for... oh my,
I shudder.  Thank You for loving me enough to say "no."  Thank You for
answering each and every prayer with Your infinite wisdom. I trust You.

                                In Jesus' name,

                                Amen.

                                Now It's Your Turn

                                Make a list of some prayer requests that
you are glad God said "No" to.

                                Are there some prayer requests that God
has said "no" to that you don't understand?

                                Are you willing to trust that God knows
best?

                                I would love to hear how you are thankful
for one of God's "no" answers in your life.  Let's chat at
www.facebook.com/sharonjaynes.

                                Seeking God?

                                Click here to find out more about

                                how to have a personal relationship with
Jesus Christ.

                                Girlfriends in God

                                P.O. Box 725

                                Matthews, NC 28106

                                info at girlfriendsingod.com
                                www.girlfriendsingod.com

                        Explore Further

                                Bible Gateway
                                More newsletters
                                Girlfriends in God

                                Looking for more daily inspiration?
                                Sign up for a Verse of the Day
newsletter:
                                biblegateway.com/newsletters

            This email was sent by: Bible Gateway
            5300 Patterson Avenue SE Grand Rapids, MI 49530 USA

      We respect your right to privacy - view our policy